Dr. BINDU V R
||Dr. BINDU V R
M.Sc (Dept. of Computer Science, University of Kerala)
Ph.D. (Mahatma Gandhi University)
- V. R. Bindu and K. N. Ramachandran Nair, “Volume Cutting of Medical Data Using Deformable Surfaces Modeled with Level Sets”, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, Mandal et al. (eds.): Information Systems Design and Intelligent Applications,Vol. 340, No.2, pp. 719-726, Springer, 2015, ISBN:978-81-322-2249-1, ISSN 2194-5357.
- V.R. Bindu and K.N. Ramachandran Nair, “Boolean Operations on Free Form Shapes in a Level Set Framework”, Smart Innovation, Systems and Technologies,L.C. Jain et al. (eds.): Computational Intelligence in Data Mining, Vol. 33, No.3, pp. 453-467, Springer, 2015,ISBN: 978-81-322-2201-9, ISSN 2190-3018.
- Bindu V R and K N Ramachandran Nair, “A Fast Narrow Band Level Set Formulation for Shape Extraction”, Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on the Applications of Digital Information and Web Technologies (ICADIWT 2014), pp. 141-146, 2014, ISBN:978-1-4799-2259-14.
Ongoing Research Areas
- Shape modeling in levelset framework
- Cloud Computing : Distributed dynamic consolidation of Virtual Machines for load balancing in data centres
- Efficient model for Software Process Improvement – Task allocation and load balancing in Distributed Systems
- Image Processing and Multimedia Forensics : Efficient methods to ensure security and authenticity of digital images- Forgery detection using wavelets, Pattern Matching and Genetic Algorithms
- Data Mining and Big Data Analytics : Design of parallel scalable clustering algorithms in big data- Efficient methods for Sentiment Analysis and Classification in Social Networks
Academic Positions and Extension Activities
- Dean, Faculty of Technology and Applied Science, MGU.
- Member, Academic Council, MGU.
- Headship of the School (13/01/2003 to 02/08/2004, 09/06/2008 to 16/03/2009 and 11.04.2014 to 16.05.2017.
- Chairperson, Board of Studies, School of Computer Sciences, MGU.
- Chairperson, Board of Studies Computer Science and Applications (PG), MGU 30.4.2010-29.4.2013.
- Chairperson, Board of Studies Computer Science (PG), MGU (2005-08).
- Member, Board of Studies Computer Science (PG), University of Kerala 26.3.2010-25.3.2013, 20.11.2013-19.11.2016, 03.03.2017-02.03.2020.
- Member of Board of Studies, Computer Science (PG), Computer Applications (PG) M G U since 1996.
- Subject Expert in various selection committees and affiliation committees of M G U.
- Member of Expert Committee to strengthen the System Administration Wing of the University.
- Chief Co-ordinator of the Spoken Tutorial Project (an initiative of NMEICT, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt of India), in the University.
- Presiding Officer, Permanent Cell to Combat Sexual Harassment in the University.
- Patron, Computer Science Students’ Association (C$$A) of the School (2003-04, 2008-09, 2014-17)
- Member of University level Implementation and Monitoring Committee (E-Governance).
- Member of the Technical committee to assess the Software/Hardware requirements for the e-learning project of the University.
- Member of e-learning/ICT Committee for e-learning project approval, e-content approval and for taking other decisions related to e-learning and net working in the University.
- Member of the Revision Committee for drafting revised CSS Regulations of the University implemented from 2016 admissions.
- Professional member of ACM (Association of Computing Machinery)
- Life Member of IAENG (International Association of Engineers)
- Member, Technical Advisory Committee, “Mahatma Gandhi University International Journal on Computing and Communication (MGU IJCC)” ISSN: 2318-8850.